Access Keys:

 
 
Joseph's Centre for the Deaf, Belfast

Welcome

 
 
 

Background to St. Joseph’s Centre for the Deaf

St. Joseph’s Centre for the Deaf, prior to 1981 was known as St. Joseph’s Association and had been a part of Belfast’s deaf community for over 50 years. From 1950, Bread street was the permanent base for St. Joseph’s Social Club for a period of 22 years, in 1972, it was so badly damage, it could no longer be used. 1981-1983 a committee was set up to raise funds for a new centre, a site on the Grosvenor Rd was acquired and building started soon after. The new building was opened in 1983 and became the home for St. Joseph’s Centre for the Deaf, a hub continuing to provide support for deaf community with specific focus on their Spiritual, Pastoral, Educational and Social needs.

 

Latest News

21st Mar 2025
Our current Sign Language Course ends 31st March 2025. Our new programme will start...
 
 
 
 
21st Mar 2025
The new sign language bill is currently passing through the Northern Ireland Assembly....
 
 
 
 
12th Mar 2025
The Deaf Arts Festival runs from 21st -23rd March. See programme for more information.
 
 
 
 
3rd Jan 2025
Must be proficient in either ISL or BSL  Job Purpose The Assistant...
 
 
 
 
 

Where Are We?

Where Are We?
 

Welcome